SALVADOR DALÍ 1904-1989
1904 – Figueras-1989 (Spanish)
Title: Faust (Walpurgis Night) | Faust (La nuit de Walpurgis), 1968/69
Technique: Complete Set of Eleven Original Hand Signed, Numbered and Hand-Coloured Etchings on Japan Paper
Paper size: 39 x 29 cm. / 15.4 x 11.4 in.
Image size: 34 x 25 cm. / 13.4 x 9.8 in.
Additional Information: Each one of the eleven original etchings in this portfolio is hand signed by the artist in pencil “Dalí” at the lower right margin.
They are also all hand numbered in pencil, from the edition of 145, at the lower left margin.
The work was printed in a limited edition of 145 impressions on Japan paper in 1968 and published by Graphik Europa Anstalt, Paris in 1969.
Our edition was published without text and are hand coloured.
The book edition was published in German and there is also an edition published in French.
The etchings illustrate the text by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe’s “Faust”.
Each etching is titled separately as following:
– Woman with Pig | Femme au cochon
– Witches with Broom | Sorcières au balai
– The Sculpture | Buste
– Woman with Clown | Femme au clown
– Head of Veal | Tête de veau
– Rider and Death | Cavalier et la mort
– Bird Women | Femmes-poules
– Old Faust | Vieux Faust
– Kneeling Knight | Chevalier à genoues
1. Michler, R. & Löpsinger, L. W. (1994). Salvador Dalí: Das Druckgraphische Werk 1924-1980.Œuvrekatalog der Radierungen und Mixed-Media-Graphiken. Munich & New York: Prestel Verlag.
Reference: Michler & Löpsinger, No. 298-308
2. Field, A. (1996). The Official Catalog of the Graphic Works of Salvador Dalí. New York: The Salvador Dalí Archives.
Reference: Field 69-1 A-K
Condition: Good condition. Some sheets with pale time-staining across the sheets. Soft handling creases along the lower and right sheet edges.